Bleach Empire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confused? Bored? Feeling a little Hollow? Feeling that you need a little more to fill your Soul? -BLEACH EMPIRE- Leading the way in Bleach RP

How Bleach got its name

Roan Oakranr
    Roan Oakranr
    Soul

Male
    Number of posts : 241
    Location : Wherever I am needed, but my heart belongs to Hina...
    Registration date : 2009-03-01

How Bleach got its name Empty How Bleach got its name

Post by Roan Oakranr Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:27 pm

In a recent monthly Shonen Jump, they talked about an interview with Tite Kubo. One very Interesting question was:

Shonen Jump: Why did pick Bleach as the title?

Kubo-Sensei: the title wasn't Bleach when I decided to draw a story about Soul Reapers. This was before I drew the one-shot manga that appeared in Akamaru Jump. The weapon wasn't a sword, but a scythe. Only Rukia had a scythe and the other characters used guns. At that point, the title was Snipe[as in sniper]. Right before I started drawing, I began to think that a sword would be better and realized I couldn't use Snipe as a title anymore. I began looking for a title that grasped the the bigger picture . Soul Reapers are associated with the color black, but it would have been boring to use "black." "White,"on the other hand, can suggest black as a complementary color. So I chose "bleach" to evoke the impression of the color white.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:47 am